Nelson Mandela spent years in prison and still rose to lead his people as the first black president of South Africa. The list is long and star-studded of people who have overcome the worst of the worst and still rose to gargantuan successes.
Here are ten ways that these most successful people made their ways from the depths of despair to the pinnacle of success:
- Overcame frustration, anger and fear – Greatness doesn’t happen to people who are afraid to take on the world. You can benefit from adversity if you have the power to overcome these negatives.
- Strategize – Learn how to create strategies that will lead you to what everyone else thinks is impossible. Think outside the box.
- Develop character – Even though you’re suffering from some adversity, show others what you’re made of by using that suffering as fodder for the success to come.
- Surround yourself with possibilities – Choose people and pursuits than strengthens you rather than drag you down.
- Learn from failure – When you suffer a setback or other form of adversity, learn from it. It’s been said that true leaders have been forged from the adversities in their lives.
- Look for the silver lining – Rather than wallow in self-pity for ‘what might have been’, focus on what this can mean for your future and others when you get through it. The greatest visions have been seen through the worst of times.
- Embrace your creativity – Troubled artists – such as Vincent Van Gogh – have created their best works under the worst times of adversity. Churchill gave his best speech during a dire time in history. Your creativity can be the catalyst for leadership.
- Face reality – You can’t come out from adversity a winner unless you face the reality of your situation. Glossing over the bad parts isn’t facing the challenges in front of you and you have to be absolutely realistic about the situation before you can discern what to do about it.
- Take action – If you want to change your adverse situation into one of clarity and success, you have to have a plan and then take action to complete that plan.
- Take time to accurately assess the adverse situation – Set aside some time to contemplate what this situation really means. If you don’t understand it fully, you won’t be able to meet the challenges it brings.
Would you like some help with this? A great way to get started is with a 45 minute FREE life transformation strategy session.
In this session we will:
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be the cause of chaos, stress and discord in your life.
- Create a crystal clear vision for your “ultimate life” of tremendous success on your terms with ample quality time and energy for all your priorities.
- Leave the session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to transform your life and accomplish all of the things that are really important to you.
Click here to schedule your complimentary session!
My new Facebook site is now up! Please visit. I’d appreciate your “Like!” and if you sign up for my e-list from Facebook, I’ll send you my latest time management suggestions.
Want to use this article on your website or your own Ezine?
Thanks for appreciating the value of this content. You’re welcome to reproduce this article, but you must reproduce it in its entirety and leave all the links active. Additionally, here is the short bio that you should include:
Dr. Steve Stutz, CTACC is a Life Success Coach, specializing in helping busy professionals and entrepreneurs not only survive but to thrive in life and business. To receive periodic personal development tips and success mindset articles, please join his e-list by visiting www.forwardpathcoaching.com