Fortunately, I also tend to run into a good number of people who are extremely committed, but for whatever reason tend to run into difficulty when the time comes to actually “do it. ” Maybe this has happened to you as well. You’ve made a commitment to pursue something and the next thing you know your mind is full of questions and doubts, things like: “What if I’m really too old to “start over” in my life?” “I don’t see how I could possibly be creative enough to make money doing what I love.” “I’ve tried to lose weight in the past, but I’ve never kept it off. I’m just going to do the same thing again, so why bother?” And before you even get started, you’re defeated.
This “self-sabotage” is important issue to address and it’s one that I’ve written about in the past. Click here read what I had to say about it and how you can overcome its grip on your life.
One of the key tenets of NLP (neurolinguistic programming) is that if one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it. I want to assure you that you can begin right now to consciously redirect the next phase of your life in whatever direction you’d like to have it proceed.
Here’s how to get started:
Now, that’s not to say that uncomfortableness is fun. It’s not and that’s one of the primary reasons that most people choose NOT to move forward. We don’t like to be uncomfortable and we’ll choose to remain in negative, unresourceful situations that are “known quantities” rather than step out and face unknowns and challenges that test our faith and commitment.
The bottom line, however, is that unless you take the first step, things will not magically fix themselves. If you’re unhappy with something – your job, your relationship, your house, your life – you MUST change it! I know it’s difficult and scary, and so here are a few thoughts to help create your new reality and a new beginning in your life.
1. Right now, as you read this, you are at a decision point. You can choose to read this article and say, “Hmmm, that guy had some great ideas. I’ll have to remember to hire him when I’m ready to change” and realize that you are simply procrastinating. Or you can read this article and say, “Yes! This day, right now, is MY new beginning!” Setting your intention is the necessary first step.
2. Remember, what you focus on you empower. What you empower, expands and manifests. It’s important therefore to get crystal clear about what you DO want, NOT what you DON’T want. You want to be manifesting in a positive direction, not getting more and more of the negativity that you don’t want.
3. Begin to act “as if” what you desire already exists. Someone has called this “fake it until you make it.” It’s not being deceitful; it’s conditioning your subconscious mind to see yourself in a new, different, empowering way.
4. A key component of the process is to be grateful for what has already come your way and be thankful in anticipation of all the good stuff that is currently on its way to you. An attitude of gratitude goes a long, long way in the transformation of consciousness and for re-programming your subconscious mind.
5. Change your beliefs. If you are not getting the results you want, change what you are doing. Find a belief system that supports you rather than hamstrings you.
6. Find a mentor and do some modeling. Tony Robbins says, “Success leaves clues.” Who is currently living YOUR dream? Make contact and ask them how they got there. Most people are happy to share their story.
So, are you ready to take a chance? Ready to make some changes? A great way to get started is with my FREE 5 day E-course entitled, "Get. Expand. Thrive."
The problem for most people is they don't believe it is possible for them.
The old adage “seek and ye shall find” remains as true as ever. If you look for proof that achieving big goals, big dreams and living a life of excitement and success is possible… you will find it.
The next 5 days could possibly transform your entire life. At the very least, you will begin to realize that not only is success possible for you, it is inevitable! An exciting future awaits you. But you have to do some work at this point to get moving in the right direction. The good news is that you are completely in charge of where you want to go and how you get there. Your journey begins now! Click the icon to get signed up for this completely FREE E-course.
Want to use this article on your website or your own Ezine?
Thanks for appreciating the value of this content. You’re welcome to reproduce this article, but you must reproduce it in its entirety and leave all the links active. Additionally, here is the short bio that you should include:
Dr. Steve Stutz, CC is a Life Success Coach, specializing in helping clergy and professional church workers not only survive but to thrive during periods of crisis, transition, and renewal. To receive periodic personal development tips and success mindset articles, please join his e-list by visiting www.forwardpathcoaching.com