There are some common mistakes made among most leaders that are avoidable if you know some leadership strategies. Here are five common mistakes which can and should be avoided if you’re in a leadership role:
2. Checking up on employees rather than engaging them. Make it a point to get to know your team members and engage them in conversation which can pinpoint what makes them tick. It’s important to get your vision across, and you can’t do that if you merely check in once in a while.
3. Don’t stick to your own leadership style. You can learn from other leaders in history and in your business, but don’t mimic them when it comes to your leadership style. Develop your own and stick to it to become a leader who stands out from the others.
4. Resist change. Many leaders tend to do what they’ve always done in terms of leading. One reason is that they’re too overwhelmed with the complex tasks and responsibilities that leaders must take on. If you want your business or team to prosper and grow, take some time to expose yourself to new ideas that will impact your leadership ability in a positive way.
5. Hire people too fast to fill a slot. Hiring someone just to fill a void isn’t a good way to build a team you can count on. You’ll invest time and effort in managing the “new hire,” but may eventually need to let him go if you find you’ve made a mistake in hiring. True leaders take their time when hiring and make sure they can complete the work and grow along with the company or team.
Know what’s expected of you in the leadership position. You can’t lead others if you don’t know what you’re striving for, so be sure you’re clear and focused on the vision rather than the small tasks of the job.
I’d love to spend some time helping you become a better leader (first for yourself, then for your team) and keep you moving forward toward your perfect vision for your life. A great way to get started is with a 45 minute FREE life transformation strategy session. In this session we will:
• Uncover hidden challenges that may be the cause of chaos, stress and discord in your life.
• Create a crystal clear vision for your “ultimate life” of tremendous success on your terms with ample quality time and energy for all your priorities.
• Leave the session renewed, re-energized, and inspired to transform your life and accomplish all of the things that are really important to you.
Click here to schedule your complimentary session!
My new Facebook site is now up! Please visit. I’d appreciate your “Like!” and if you sign up for my e-list from Facebook, I’ll send you my latest time management suggestions.
Want to use this article on your website or your own Ezine?
Thanks for appreciating the value of this content. You’re welcome to reproduce this article, but you must reproduce it in its entirety and leave all the links active. Additionally, here is the short bio that you should include:
Dr. Steve Stutz, CTACC is a Life Success Coach, specializing in helping busy professionals and entrepreneurs not only survive but to thrive in life and business. To receive periodic personal development tips and success mindset articles, please join his e-list by visiting www.forwardpathcoaching.com